Monday, March 29, 2010

African or Not?


So I attended a forum today talking about Africans and African-Americans and it was stated that African Americans who refer to themselves as black are denying their African heritage/roots. I feel that the only to expand and strengthen ourselves as a black community we all need to have one universal identity. We as black people need to recognize not deny our black roots, along with the entire diaspora of people with African roots. Every black people from the Caribbean, the US, North, West, East, & South Africa, and our African Latinos need to unify in identity and only from their can we begin to expand as a people. What do you refer to yourself as and why?

P.S. African American on my Census not NEGRO!!!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I don't consider myself African-American because I'm not from America. lol African-Latina-West Indian?? I suppose, but that's too much to say... I'm black.

    ReplyDelete